New Haven has an amazing selection of great restaurants, bars, pubs, and cafés. Please visit New Haven Dining Listing to see the many fantastic places to visit. Below are the main dining facilities on the Yale campus. Additional information is available on the Yale Hospitality website.
At the Yale School of Medicine
• Atrium Cafe
20 York Street. Opposite the cafeteria in the hospital atrium. Coffee, lunch, and snacks.
• Blue State Coffee
320 Congress Avenue, 203-785-0354. Coffee, lunch, and snacks.
• Hospital Cafeteria
20 York Street. The main cafeteria at Yale-New Haven Hospital. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Show your Yale I.D. for a discount.
• Cafe Med (formally know as Marigold’s)
367 Cedar Street, in Harkness Hall. Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The main dining facility for medical students.
• Cafe George By Paula
300 George Street. Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Breakfast and lunch.
Other On-Campus Dining
• Charle’ s Place
165 Whitney Ave. Located in the Edaward P. Evans Hall at the School of Management. Lunch 11:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
• Evans Hall Cafe
165 Whitney Ave. Located in the Edaward P. Evans Hall at the School of Management. All day dining 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
• Ground at Becton Hall
15 Prospect Street. New York City-style coffee shop. Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
•Divinity School Refectory
409 Prospect Street, 203-432-3407. Continental Breakfast, 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.; Lunch, 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
• Joseph Slifka Center for Jewish Life’s Dining Hall
80 Wall Street, 203-432-1134. Operated under the direction of Young Israel at Yale, an Orthodox organization. Vegetarian and organic entrées offered daily. Open to the public for breakfast, lunch and dinner Monday-Saturday (reservations are needed for the Friday night Sabbath dinner). Closed during the summer months.
• KBT Cafe
First floor lobby of Kline Biology Tower, 203-432-3402. Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.; Lunch: 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
• West Campus Dining
100 West Campus Drive, Orange. Located on the ground floor of the Conference Center. Breakfast: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.; Lunch: 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m
Staff Payment Options
Take advantage of dining dollar credits that is applied to your Yale University ID card - called Eli Bucks. This payment option is an easy way to purchase meals across the Yale Campus and helps eliminate the need to carry cash for that purpose. To use Eli Bucks, you simply present your University ID card at the time of purchase.
- Eli Bucks can be used at any of Yale Dining’s retail cafés and food store operations as well as in all residential dining halls.
- Eli Bucks have another advantage: they earn you a 10% discount at the point of sale of most Yale Dining campus locations (i.e., the discount is not valid at the School of Management, McDougal Blue Dog Café, the Yale Golf Course or The Kosher Kitchen at Joseph Slifka Center).
- Additional Eli Bucks can be purchased at any time, in any amount.
- Eli Bucks can be purchased by active Students, Staff and Faculty with a valid Yale University ID.
- As long as your status with the University does not change, your Eli Bucks will not expire, and will carry forward from year to year.
- Purchases can be completed by credit card, using our secure payment site.
- Eli Bucks can easily be purchased online. Log in to the Eli Bucks secure portal to purchase Eli Bucks, view your current balance, look up your recent transactions or manage your account in other ways.