How to Request a Certificate of Training?

One month prior to their termination dates, postdoctoral fellows and associates may contact their business office to request a Certificate of Training to acknowledge their training at Yale. 

Please note: the Postdoc Office does not process certificate requests. Contact the relevant Administrative Assistant to request a generic template for your academic unit to modify and issue.


  1. Certificates cannot be issued to postdocs who are terminated for cause.
  2. Certificates are only issued for postdocs who depart Yale on or after November 1, 2004.
  3. Postgraduate fellows and associates, clinical fellows and associates, laboratory associates, visiting fellows, and associate research scientists are ineligible for certificates.