Postdoctoral Appointment Information:
- Funding – Postdoctoral appointments are paid appointments. Individuals are not able to self-support from personal funds.
- Appointment Letter -Will be generated as a final communication in STARS after new candidates are hired, preparers will be copied.
- Required Documentation to be uploaded by the candidate in the candidate profile within STARS
- two letters of recommendation (does not need to be uploaded in STARS);
- Proof of degree should be uploaded in STARS for new candidates (a copy of the diploma or an authorized transcript showing completion of the degree, with an English translation if necessary). If the appointee has not officially received his doctorate yet, s/he is required to upload a letter in STARS from the degree-granting institution stating that all of the degree requirements have been met and stating when the degree will be conferred. An English translation of this letter should be provided if necessary;
- Proof of alternative health insurance if not provided by Yale
- For International Appointees
The business office will contact the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) to initiate the visa process. Visa approval may take 3 - 6 months
- Postdoctoral Affairs approval- The business office should complete a Requisite in STARS. Postdoctoral Affairs will approve the Requisite and update the status in STARS upon review of the Requisite and Candidate Profile and again after hiring the candidate in STARS. (See STARS Hiring Guide)