What is a Subject Specialist?
The Subject Specialists will assist Postdocs entering Yale with services of the Yale University Libraries. Each Postdoc can contact a research librarian who will help with any academic work involving the Library and its collections.
How can a Subject Specialist help me?
Your Subject Specialist will:
- Keep you informed with periodic e-mail messages highlighting new resources and programs especially for students, as well as notices and timely reminders, such as extended Library hours during Reading Week and finals
- Answer your questions about Library policies, procedures and services, such as RefWorks workshops and Borrow Direct
- Assist with finding information for your research projects
- Support you even when you’re not around (on vacation, or away from Yale doing research)
- Help you when you don’t know where to start, or you can’t think of what to do next
For more information about Subject Specialists at Yale, visit: http://resources.library.yale.edu/StaffDirectory/subjects.aspx