The Office for Postdoctoral Affairs·
-The Origins Project is accepting nominations now for the inaugural Postdoctoral Prize Lectureship, a $10,000 USD prize for an outstanding postdoctoral researcher to visit Arizona State University for a week of lectures. Nomination letters are due December 1, 2014. For full information on the prize, please see https://origins.asu.edu/origins-project-postdoctoral-prize-lectureship.
-The National Academies is accepting applications for the 2015 Ford Foundation Fellowships Programs for Achieving Excellence in College and University Teaching. Full eligibility information and online applications are available on our website at: http://nationalacademies.org/ford
-Arnold and Mabel Beckman Foundation
ARNOLD O. BECKMAN POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWS 2015 New!
Internal Deadline: Friday, October 24, 2014
· For PhD, MD, or MD/PhD postdoctoral fellows seeking independent academic careers in chemistry and the life sciences.
· U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status required as of December 1, 2014.
· Approximately $57,000-$67,000 /year for 2 years. (Total: $114,000-$134,000)
· Candidates cannot have completed more than 12 months of their first postdoctoral training appointment as of December 1, 2014. Candidates may have other science-related research experience.
· Candidates must propose a well-defined research project that is well-suited to their stage of career development and which is independent of their mentor’s research.
· Recipients are expected to become the next generation of leaders and innovators in science, engineering, and technology.
-The United Negro College Fund and Merck offer postdoctoral science research fellowships to support African-American postdocs, with awards up to $92,000. See https://scholarships.uncf.org/Program/Details/1223e136-1f19-4671-84a0-8242b1fd2072 for more information.
-Attention Postdocs! We are in need of High Resolution (No camera phone pictures) photos for the new Office for Postdoctoral Affairs’ website. The photos should be of high quality and of Postdocs engaging in activities, research or events. Please email your photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org